Signs You Might Need Immediate Help.
What Is a Mental Health or Addictions Crisis?
A mental health or addictions crisis is when a person is at risk of harming themselves or others, unable to care for themselves, or unable to function in a healthy manner.
How Do I Know if I’m in Crisis and Need Help?
Signs you may be in crisis include:
- Experiencing problems with withdrawal
- Having difficulty when you try to stop using a substance
- Feeling pressured to use or stop using a substance
- Being unsure you or a friend have used contaminated drugs
- Intense feelings of depression that affect your daily life
- Thoughts of suicide, violence, or other intrusive thoughts
- Difficulty completing everyday tasks like bathing, eating, and getting dressed
- Hearing voices or seeing things that aren’t there
- Being unable to focus, panic or anxiety, or an increased heart rate
- Trying to cope with a significant loss or change in your life
- Changes in mood, sleeping, or eating patterns
- Isolating from family and friends
If you’re unsure about whether you’re experiencing a crisis, but feel you need immediate help, call 911.